Come join us at Dobson’s Flooring America for a two-hour continuing education course on a history, past and present, of color and trends in the marketplace.
Dobson’s Flooring America
8810 Lebanon Road
Frisco, TX 75034
Learn more about environmental color, selecting the best schemes and best practices for working with clients. This continuing education course will include stunning visuals and provide you with an exciting look into the future.
You’ll gain knowledge of…
- Color Focus
- Brief History – Making and using color through the ages.
- Current Trends – Where we are today and why.
- Looking to the Future – What to expect.
- Living with Color
- Seeing Color – How we all see color differently and how light affects the palette.
- Feeling Color – How colors make us feel.
- Using Color – What colors can do to space and how does texture and finish play a part?
- Choosing Color
- Natural Palettes – True neutrals, colored neutrals and how they work.
- Vibrant Palettes – Using vivid colors with success.
- Rich Dark Palettes – Creating an atmosphere and mood.
- Deciding Who You/They Are
- Choosing a Theme – How color completes a theme.
- Choosing a Scheme – How colors are part of the scheme.
- Living the Dream – Creating the atmosphere that was intended.
- Keeping up with the Times
- When is it time to make a change? – I’m bored and have the means.
- Working with What Worked – If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it.
- Avoiding the Proverbial Faux Pas – Paint is penicillin.
- Color Conclusion
- Color Candidates – All things are considered color mediums.
- There are No Color Bad Boys – If the favorite heirloom is cerise, work with it.
- Follow your Theme and Plan – Develop a strategy around a theme and scheme and be true to it.
Reserve your seat today by confirming your RSVP!
“Color the Nest” is a continuing education course approved by AISD, course #8256. It is approved for ASID, IDC, IDEC, IIDA, and it is valued for 2 credits or 2 hours towards the 6 hours required.